There are many specific qualities, dimensions and features people look for before buying their fishing kayak. Some people may want a certain color, others may want one of a specific width, while other my want the most comfortable seat.
If you are looking for information on the features list above, you might find it here but this review is on helping people find fishing kayaks that are 10 feet long. See our listings below to learn which models we currently believe are the best for fishing in this size category.
Top – 10 Foot Fishing Kayaks
Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak
We have experience using this model and have also reviewed it on our website. We do like this model very much, if you have never came across, The Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak this is a very versatile kayak. It’s a two seater but can be taken out solo as well. The design is great and if you like to stand up while fishing it’s designed for this also. This is a Great Choice.
Old Town Vapor 10 Angler
The buyers over at Amazon give this kayak a very high rating. This is a very durable sit-inside fishing model. This is a very light kayak, weighing only 44 pounds making it very portable. It also holds up to 350 pounds.
Colorado Pontoon Boat
OK this isn’t a kayak boat we think its cool!!!
Emotion Mojo Angler 10 Kayak
This is a sit-on-top with a number of special features for you to play with. It’s durable, strong and comfortable and provides excellent tracking.
Perception Sport Pescador 10 Kayak
Sun Dolphin Excursion sit-in, 10-Feet, Olive
If you are looking to spend under 400 dollars then Sun Dolphin Excursion model might be of interest to you. This is a sit-inside style. Very light, very manageable and use to load and unload and carry to your launching spot on the water. This might be the cheapest kayak on the page but when price is considered its very high on the list of Value vs Price.
Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 11
OK, we just wanted to throw this one in to tease you. It’s a 11 foot fishing kayak!!! Very nice though.
Advantages of Going Smaller
Some people prefer to fish from kayaks 12 feet+ in length, for some people this is the right size to buy. There are a few different reasons.
- If a person is big, has very long legs, the extra space will to feel comfortable.
- Performance reasons also exist as reasons some people prefer a longer set-up. The popular opinion, the longer the kayak, the more stable, easier to keep straight and the faster it will be.
Then Are You Saying I Shouldn’t Buy a 10 FT?
No, there are definitely certain advantages a shorter kayak provides. But the key to finding the best size for you is to understand, yourself physically and the most common water environments you will be fishing.
- Shorter Kayaks are going to be lighter, making loading, unloading and carrying to your launching spot easier.
- While people will tell you longer models are faster, easier to keep straight and more stable. There’s some truth to this but also remember, performance ultimately comes down to the paddling skills of the person inside.
To build on the point about performance mentioned above. When you go out fishing, will you be taking long trips? Traveling miles to your ultimate destination? If so, then the increased speed and tracking of longer kayak is an advantage. However, if you plan to fish near where you launch then speed and tracking of a 12 ft vs 10 ft isn’t going to be such a benefit.
- Do you plan on fishing rivers? There’s some disagreement in fishing communities but the majority of people hold the opinion shorter 10 foot kayaks are better for fishing rivers. While long kayaks are better for fishing in open range coastal environments where more paddling is required.
- And maybe the most important point… Price. It might not be so important to you but 10 vs 12 foot, the shorter kayak is usually cheaper in price.
Since we have probably missed a few good 10 foot models we will be adding to this page in the future. If you have found nothing that interests you here then visit our homepage where you will find links to reviews of hundreds of different models and makes.