Have you ever just wanted to get away from everybody? My father and his lake buddy felt this way about their wives last summer so they came of with the brilliant idea of buying a tandem kayak together. They wanted a lightweight model so they decided an inflatable would be best. These two bozos mainly wanted one to take out on the main lake but also one to take fishing from time to time on the numerous nearby ponds hidden deep in the woods.
I call them bozos because when it came time to pull the trigger to buy one, they couldn’t come to an agreement on the model. And got into an argument and didn’t talk for a couple days. Then one day my dad looked out the window and saw what he would learn is the Sea Eagle 330 Pro Solo kayak sitting near the shoreline on the neighbors property.
See The Best Price Read Customer Reviews
My father is about 6 foot 2 inches and his neighbor buddy is at least an inch or so taller. So if you happen to be a taller guy looking for an inflatable this Sea Eagle 330 Pro Solo might suit you well. It also has the ability to carry up to 500 pounds making it a good choice for larger men.
The kayak is perfect for calm water lakes, however, the video below shows it also handles well in slightly rougher waters, rated class 3 Whitewater rafting. The video review shows the tandem version of this kayak. This is identical to the solo version, the same hull, length and width. Every feature is identical the only difference is the number of seats included.
Note: We are not recommending this kayak as a fishing kayak. The company did not produce this to be one. But may father and his buddy were able to use it successfully all summer for fishing small ponds.
Sea Eagle 330 Pro Solo Review
The Package includes:
- The popular 330 Hull, (2) Skegs
- The AB30 Paddle
- Kayak Seat
- Easy to use Foot Pump
- Repair Kit
- Carry Bag
Specs & Features:
- Interior for tall people: 9 feet 6 inches long x 1 foot 1 inch wide
- Exterior: 11 feet 2 inches long x 2 foot 10 inches wide
- When Deflated, dimensions: 24 inches x 16 inches x 17 inches
- Made from 33 millimeter thick Polykrylar
- Enough room for 2 adults.
Weight Capacity 500 lbs
- Weight: 26 lbs
- On average will take 10 minutes to get it out of the bag and have it inflated.
- Three Chambers to inflate bow, stern, floor
- High Frequency Welded
- Floor has strong, durable I-beam construction
- 5 Deluxe One Way air valves for deflating
- Whitewater Rating: Up to Class 3
- Self bailing drain
- Grab Lines on the front and back
- 3 Year Warranty
See The Best Current Price!
We are currently working on more reviews of the best inflatable kayaks available. If you are a tall man you might want to visit are page that list the best models for you.