Ride 135 Angler Advanced Kayak Review
If you’re new to the sport of kayak fishing there’s no doubt you’re going to love this sport!!! Although I love fishing in waders there’s nothing like getting off the shoreline and experiencing the fishing adventure a kayak can provide.
This is a review of the Ride 135 Angler Advance kayak but first a word of advice.
If you’re buying your first fishing kayak it’s a great to make sure a kayak has all the options you want but its also a very good idea to familiarize with the company that manufactures the kayak to make sure this is a reputable company which makes high quality kayaks. Many of the reviews found on this site will also mention a few words about the company.
You don’t want to make the mistake of spending $400, $500 or over $1000 on a piece of junk.
Wilderness Systems makes the Ride 135 Angler Kayak
Wilderness Systems is a company that has specialized in producing fishing kayaks since 1985 and is located in in Wisconsin, USA. They are well known for their innovative designs, performance and quality.
Besides kayaks for fishing this company also produces touring kayaks and canoes and was honored with the retailers award for best manufacture in the years 2009, 2010, and 2011.
As far as fishing goes one of their most popular series of kayaks is the “Ride Series of kayaks”.
The Stable Ride 135 Angler Advance Kayak
This kayak is well-built and includes a ton of different features and options. It’s best features may be the great stability it offers in the water. It can literally handle any type of water condition you want to throw at it. From flat water- to white waters- to rapids. The Ride 135 will definitely get you to where you want to go. See a list of the other features and its specs below.
Ride 135 Angler Advance Kayak Specs and Features
This product is Made in the USA
- The hull is made from tough polyethylene
- Length: 13.5 feet
- Width: 2.75 feet
- The deck is 16.5 inches in height
- Carries up to: 550 lb
- Cockpit space: 67 x 21.5 inches
- Seating: AirPro Freedom Elite
- Hatch Orbix
- Rudder system: not included must be bought seperately
- Skeg: included, in-mold
- Approximate weight: 85 lb
- Manufacturers warranty: Lifetime
This is a kayak with great stability. Paddlers of all levels from beginners to experts will appreciate the ride. THis is a fishing kayak be could easily be used as a recreational.
- Roto-molded a patented material that provides maximum durability and stiffness and also protects the kayak form UV ray damage.
- The hull design is Pontoon-style which provides tremndous stability. No problem standing up to increase your casting and reeling.
- The AirPro Freedome Elite seat is very high quality with many features of its own.
- Elevated four inches more than the average kayak seat. This increased elevation makes entering and exiting the kayak extremely easy.
- A special ventilation design.
- Adjustable and reclinable.
- Flexible back support. The back of the seat can also be adujusted raised and lowered.
- Ergonomically designed to cradle your legs to decrease the pressure felt and increase bloodflow
- Easily excessed mesh storage bag built into the seat pad.
- Adjustable and well built foot brace system.
- 4 different storage recesses. Large enough to storage your tackle boxes. These are watertight with hinged locks.
- SlideTrax accessory system.
- Molded-in cup holder.
- Drain plug and self-bailing system.
- Comfortable and study carrying handles.
- A posterior skid plate provides added durability.
Return to our homepage for more information on fishing kayaks