This is a review of the popular Intex Challenger K2 Kayak. This is a rugged inflatable 2-seat model with a great price (under $100).
If you are looking for something simple and inexpensive to take out on the lake with your buddy then this inflatable tandem model would be a great choice.
If you would like to learn more about this particular model, the video below does a great job reviewing it for you. After watching the video I think you will agree the kayak is definitely worth the inexpensive price.
If you need more information, below the video you will find a list of features.
Review of Intex Challenger K2 Kayak’s Features
- Tandem inflatable kayak, 11.5 feet long so there’s plenty of leg room for two people.
- Inflatable seats with backrests for increased comfort.
- Made from tough, thick vinyl material; puncture and UV-light resistant.
- Cargo net attached to the front to bring along and keep supplies.
- Colors and graphics that stand-out making it highly visible, increased safety, coast guard approved.
- Included in the Intex K2 package are two 84-inch aluminum oars and high output air-pump (Double Quick Two).
- Another nice feature often overlooked is the removable skeg when you need greater control and balance.
- A 350 pound weight limit.
- Comes with a 30 day manufactures warranty
How People Rate this K2 Inflatable Model
Below you will see an image taken from Amazon which shows how previous customers rat this model. Out of 73 total ratings it has received to date: 30 5-star and 17 4-star. Yes there are some lower ratings but overall for costing under $100 this is still pretty good.
What exactly were the main complaints?
We read many good reviews about this Intex K2 inflatable model, you can read them for yourself here. But we also read a few complaints that we would like to touch on here.
You never know if the complaints on Amazon are actually real or only competition trying to trash a model. A couple people said, they pulled it out of the box and even before they could use it there was a hole in it?
We don’t know if this is exactly the truth but if so then it’s a good thing that Intex offers a 30-day warranty because if this happened to me I would be sending that sucker right back from where it came.
What we think about this inflatable
Let’s not kid ourselves, this is not the best model on the market. But for being priced at under $100 we do definitely think it holds some value.
It handles well on the water. Another thing we like is its highly portable and easy to carry. If your going on a camping trip, all you need to do is deflate it and put it in the trunk or your backseat.
But before buying this we do want to point out. While it is a tandem kayak with two seats, you need to consider the carrying capacity is 350 pounds. So if you and your partner each weigh 175 pounds you have hit the limit. This kayak is best suited for smaller people.
If you would like to learn more about all the different kayaks available on the market today, then visit our homepage where you will find links to 100′s of reviews