Is the Hobie Mirage Oasis Kayak for Fishing?
This model hit the market with much acclaim at the beginning of 2013 and has since become considered one of, if not the the top tandem kayak a person can own. It’s available in five colors which are all equally sharp and the way it runs through the water is unbelievable, like a fast and nimble battleship.
There’s so many different features to mention such as: Hobie’s patented MirageDrive, a stow-away rudder and finger tip steering and rudder control from the front and back seat. Also customize yours with the many different add-ons offered by Hobie.
You will not be the first or last person blown away by the overall utility, appearance, top-line speed and comfort provided by the Mirage Oasis tandem kayak.
The video provides great look around the dimensions and features:
Hobie Mirage Oasis for fishing?
We would like to clear up one common question about this model before moving forward with the review. We read have read on more than one occasion people asking if this is a fishing kayak…
What makes a fishing kayak? Rod holders and huge storage compartments for tackle? If so, then YES this is one.
But the Hobie Mirage Oasis is so much more. This beautiful kayak can handle any job you throw at it. From cruising the waters in recreation, to carrying camping gear. But of course, if you choose to cast for bass its going to be a perfect fit for this activity as well.
Very flexible kayak with great utility. It will get you to where you want to go and do what you need it to do.
Hobie Mirage Oasis Review – Speed and Features
Some people just have the need for speed.
This is one of the fastest you will find!!! Unless you’re out on the water with Olympic Kayakers, it’s highly doubtful you will run into anything faster.
It’s long, 14 and 1/2 feet and begs you to push its limits. What’s the top speed? That all depends on you. But even if your not a great paddler, with the MirageDrive (foot peddle propulsion system) at your disposal you will reach some megawatts that push you to speeds you never thought possible.
There’s a ton of features included:
- For easy loading, unloading and carrying there are two quality, ergonomic molded handles in the front and back and two on each side in the middle.
- Two Rod Holders.
- MirageDrive – A patented peddle propulsion mechanism.
- Twist and Stow Rudder – Pull it in or leave it out and control it left to right with finger tip controls on the side of the front and rear seat.
- Huge storage space -Large Bow and three 8″ Twist and Seal Hatches located in front of each seat and the third in the rear. Also four mesh stowage pockets.
- Cup Holders for each seat.
- High-Back Padded Seat the most comfortable seat in the industry.
- Sail Mount.
Not the Hobie kayak for you? Visit our review page to see all the models from the company we have reviewed.